Table of Contents
Generating new customers is the constant task of the sales team.Identifying the right people as your leads and nurturing them to become customers is crucial for every sales person.
While identifying prospects is indeed a tough job, it need not be with so many sales prospecting tools at your disposal. These tools assist you on your journey of generating long-standing customers.
What is sales prospecting?
Sales prospecting is the method of finding more information about your prospects. Prospects are those who are aware about your brand and have shown interest in your products/services.
This process includes collecting email addresses, social media profiles, cold calling, conversations, and more.
The success of your sales team rests with the precise identification of prospects, as the succeeding steps in the sales process are complementary.
Sales prospecting tools are the best recourse to strengthen your sales team’s efforts.
The following is a list of the top 50 sales prospecting tools that can make the process of prospecting a breeze.
Top 50 sales prospecting tools
Hunter is one of the best cloud-based sales prospecting tools. It is a Chrome extension that helps your sales team establish new email connections. Hunter helps find email addresses through domain searches and email finder tools.
- Email scores
- Third-party integration
- Last discovery dates of email addresses available
- Integration with CRM
- Accurate email verification
- Prices increase with more number of emails searched.
- Editing bulk of leads is not possible.
- Starter plan at $49, Growth plan at $99, Pro plan at $199, and Business plan at $399
2. Xoxoday Plum
Xoxoday Plum is a platform that can help with sales prospecting by providing rewards to prospects who engage with your sales team. By offering rewards, such as gift cards or experiences, to prospects who attend product demos or take meetings with sales reps,
Xoxoday Plum incentivizes engagement and builds stronger relationships with potential customers. This helps to establish trust and credibility, making your business more attractive to prospects and increasing the chances of closing a sale.
Xoxoday Plum also provides valuable data on prospect engagement and reward redemption, allowing businesses to optimize their sales prospecting strategy and ultimately close more sales. It integrates with popular CRMs and lets you automate delivery of rewards and incentives.
- Easy integration
- Tiered reward program
- Easy search facility
- Variety of options to choose from.
- E-vouchers are generated instantly.
- Lack of self-service platform
- Plans are: Starter $199 and Pro $999 per month (billed quarterly).
It is a browser extension that helps schedule emails. Boomerang offers features, like: pausing an email, archiving emails, follow-up emails, and tracking email openings and clicks made in an email.
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Inbox pause
- Easy email scheduling
- AI assistance for writing actionable emails
- Independently certified SOC 2 Type 2 for data security
- Limitation on the number of emails sent.
- Pausing and unpausing is cumbersome.
- 30-day trial of professional plan.
- Can continue with the basic plan for free if not subscribing after the trial.
- Personal $4.98, Pro $14.98, and Premium $49.98 are the paid monthly plans.
Crunchbase is a well-known sales prospecting tool for B2B. It helps you find the right companies and connect with them.
- Tracks buying signals
- Real-time update on leads
- CRM integration with Salesforce
- Contact data refreshed monthly and monitored for compliance under CCPA and GDPR
- Tailor-made intelligent email templates
- Limited amount of views with free version
- Monthly payment option not available
- Starter pack at $29 per month billed annually
- Pro pack at $49 per month billed annually
Semrush tool helps grow organic traffic with SEO tools. It helps in content marketing, social media marketing, and competitor research.
- Analyzes any backlink of domains
- Discovers competitors’ strategies
- Provides millions of national and local keywords
- Tracks your SERP position daily
- Inputs on growing market share
- Keyword data updates slower
- Poor navigation
- Free trial is available.
- Paid plans are Pro $119.95, Guru $229.95, and Business $449.95 per month.
This AI-based automation tool helps create personalized marketing campaigns to attract leads.
- Target customers using insights from app
- Relevant omnichannel information
- Software can be customized to fit any business.
- Integrates seamlessly with CRM.
- Issues with email tracking system
- Customers have to contact the team for pricing information.
It is a one-stop-solution for identifying, engaging, and converting customers.
- Analyze customer interactions
- Access professional profiles
- Enriches data in real-time
- Sales automation made easy
- Easily tracks page visitors
- Advanced information is not available with the basic plan.
- Lack of information on the number of customers visits.
- It offers a free trial. For paid plans, customers should contact the team
Close helps optimize sales workflows. It is a powerful CRM tool that also assists in cold calling.
- Email platform specially for sales templates
- Migrates initial data from any CRM for free.
- Individual prospect tracking is easier.
- Analyze outbound efforts.
- Dashboards are not available.
- Reporting tools need improvement.
- 14-day free trial period
- Starter $25, Basic $59, Professional $89, and Business $129 (monthly/annual billing available)
9. LinkedIn Sales Navigator
LinkedIn has a large number of users, which makes it a great resource for lead generation. It helps the users to build contacts with leads and establish strong relationships.
- Personalized outreach
- Extended access to LinkedIn’s network
- Connects with prospects even without contact information
- Easy to know if leads shift jobs
- Saves leads in your CRM directly from the account
- Feature to find look-alike leads is removed.
- Direct contact information is unavailable.
- It has a 30-day free trial.
- Core $ 99/month, Advanced $149/ month, and Advanced Plus $1600/year.
Skrapp is a cost-effective lead generation tool. It generates a list of emails associated with LinkedIn accounts.
- Automated email generation
- Build accurate email list
- Stores sales leads directly into lists.
- Emails can be customized with a logo, message, and pictures.
- Easy to establish a personal connection with leads.
- User interface needs improvement.
- Issue of incorrect email addresses.
- Starter plan $36.79, Seeker plan $94.44, Enterprise plan $196.24, and Global plan $245.31
Outreach helps the sales team manage prospects through its prospecting tools. It allows integration with your CRM.
- Create sales pipeline
- AI intelligence to engage prospects
- Edit emails in a sequence specific to a request
- Tracks cold emails
- Navigation needs improvement.
- Personalization feature is cumbersome.
- No free trial offer.
- Outreach offers yearly contracts at $100 per month.
Gong is a platform that helps identify customer conversions and impact of sales strategies. It is easier to understand customer behavior.
- Reality-based performance
- Analyses frontline interactions with prospects
- Use of AI to record and analyze conversations of the sales team.
- Keeps a record of transcripts.
- Leadership gets complete visibility of market changes and performance of the team.
- Lag in search function
- Assigning speakers to calls is an issue
- Pricing depends on the size of your team and the channel used for sales.
Specifically designed for B2B platforms, Bombora provides customer data to sales and marketing teams.
- Measures prospect’s digital journey
- Helps enhance the sales process
- Company Surge feature lets you know when customers are actively searching for your brand.
- Makes it easy to identify qualified leads.
- Filling data on dashboards and reports is tedious.
- Pause feature is unavailable.
- Customers should contact the team through email for pricing.
It is a tool to identify visitors to your site and notifies you even though they haven’t filled the form. It is helpful to keep track of leads.
- 4-step lead identification process
- Reveals behavior of companies visiting your site
- Displays the frequency in which prospects visit the website
- Easy to develop outreach strategies
- Not suitable for identifying smaller sales prospects
- Issues with the filtering tool
- It has a Lite plan, which is free forever but can identify only up to 100 leads.
- It has a Premium plan at $ 82 per month.
15. Cirrus Insight
It is an effective tool that integrates Salesforce with third-party services. It offers valuable customer data and helps identify how customers interact with the business.
- Delivers buyer signals
- More engaging with customers
- Need to save emails and contacts is eliminated
- Streamlines communications tracking
- Not user-friendly
- Poor customer support
- It offers Salesforce Sync at $10, Pro at $ 21 and Expert at $ 29 per user per month (billed annually).
PipeDrive tool for sales prospecting helps set up reminders and follow-ups with prospects.
- Focus on sales activities
- Deep insights into metrics
- Integrates with popular business apps
- Import contacts from LinkedIn with just a click
- Detects duplicate contacts
- Less functional
- Not suitable for large teams
- It offers a 14-day free trial after which, you should contact the company for pain plans.
It is an engaging platform to identify qualified leads. Apptopia helps enrich your sales outreach.
- Enriches existing leads
- Tracks competition
- Tracks competitor’s entire mobile footprint
- New leads sent straight to inbox
- More data-driven decisions possible
- Expensive tool
- More app coverage needed
- Free demo is available.
- The paid plans are Radar and Sales Protector at $5000/month.
The platform offers an email scheduling tool and also keeps track of customers. It is a CRM tool that helps identify key influencers in any business.
- Easy implementation
- Cloud-based functionality
- Many customizable features
- Takes time to resolve queries at times
- Additional cost for additional users
- Customers should contact the team for pricing.
It is an all-in-one platform that helps with nurturing leads. A tracking facility is also available.
- Direct access to target accounts
- Align client-specific buying process
- Personalized email campaigns
- Easy-to-use platform
- Up-to-date information is not available.
- User experience is unsatisfactory.
- Customers should contact the team for pricing.
It is another leading sales prospecting tool that helps send customized emails for marketing.
- Customize communications
- Automated lead nurturing
- Integration with over 300 platforms
- Automated marketing campaigns made easy
- Difficult to use email editor
- No free trial plan
- Lite plan $9, Plus $49, Professional $149 and Enterprise $258 per month (billed annually)
21. HubSpot Sales
It is a CRM platform that helps manage the sales pipeline. It offers features like document management, call tracking, and sales automation.
- Manages pipeline with connected platform
- Seamlessly integrate tools
- Saves time with automation
- It is an all-in-one platform
- Only annual contracts
- Does not offer A/B testing on lower plans
- It offers a paid plan starting at $45 per month.
It is a platform that researches companies, investors, and products from data available online. It helps people connect with like-minded professionals.
- Set sales triggers
- Discover direct and indirect competitors
- Advanced search filters
- Keeps track of competitors
- Overlap in company information
- Owler Pro is available at $35 and Max at $50 per month. The community plan for personal use is free forever.
It is a lead generation tool that helps keep track of prospects. It can be accessed as a stand-alone solution or as part of sales CRM.
- Locates leads by industry, revenue, and position
- Real-time verification
- Intuitive interface
- Diverse search fields
- Extension does not capture existing emails.
- Not easily accessible.
- The platform offers Basic at $29 and Essential at $99 per month.
Sonar is a CRM platform that lets you sort customers by service, status, and industry.
- Ranks keywords
- Provides competitor analysis
- Integrates with another popular tool, Close.
- Customers can easily review documents.
- Easy to use.
- ‘Send to all contacts’ option is not available.
- Hard to download and sort data.
- Customers should contact the team for pricing.
It works with Twitter to extract customer information. It creates a list of users based on their tweets and makes communication with them easier.
- Build and engage leads
- View follower losses and gains
- Filters to narrow search
- Ability to compare overlapping followers
- Takes time to get used to the platform
- Free for 1 connection, $29 for 3 profiles, and $79 for up to 20 profiles.
It is a database of products and businesses. It facilitates questions and answers on its platform, like Quora.
- Marketers can get in touch with real users.
- Discover and test new tools.
- Businesses grouped by specific topics
- Helpful to sort and identify B2B leads
- Daily emails that highlight the top new products
- Works only for certain applications
- Customers should contact the team for its pricing.
Mattermark platform is highly useful for the sales team as it offers a directory of businesses. The list is sorted by geography, company size, and niche.
- More information about companies
- Monitor changes in team size and web traffic
- Integrates directly into Salesforce.
- Prospecting is easily automated.
- Filters are not easy to use.
- It offers a 14-day trial, post which paid plans start at $49 per month.
It is an easy-to-use tool that helps locate the right companies to approach for prospecting. It provides a directory of all digital companies.
- Verified reviews
- Customized short list of companies
- Sort companies based on location, size, and service.
- Contact information of companies, including social media accounts, are available.
- Lack of customization for different languages.
- Customers should contact the company for pricing information.
29. Voila Norbert
This Chrome extension is a popular email finder tool that helps locate prospects with input of first name, last name and domain.
- Build contact lists
- Reach out to blogs and contact authors
- Useful for bulk email checking
- Verifies emails by sending a signal to the host
- Incorrect email addresses
- Limited prospecting tools
- Prices vary depending on your use case, namely, Prospecting, Verify, and Enrich.
With this tool, your sales team can identify the software and technology used by websites. This can also be used as a Chrome extension.
- Validated market adoption
- API access
- Helps in competitor analysis
- Improves conversions with information about market share
- Filtering is time-consuming.
- Cumbersome authentication process.
- Data is not up-to-date.
- It is free to use for individual site lookups.
- Paid plans are: Basic $295, Pro $495, and Team$995 per month
An excellent tool to generate a list of email addresses against domain names. It assists companies to automate their lead generation process.
- Updated database
- Personal touch to cold emails
- Recent search tab
- Accurate emails are displayed
- One-click solution to validate emails
- Takes a long time to load results
- Not interactive
- Paid plans: Growth $49, Startup $150, and Suite $399 per month
TAMI is a lead prospecting tool and has a database of more than 130 million companies. It can find new prospects, generate email addresses, and enrich present leads with more information.
- Accurate contact data
- Lesser email bounce rates
- TAMI can easily integrate with Close
- Uses AI to automate contact information search
- Email bounces back
- Inaccuracy of data at times
- Customers should contact the team at TAMI for pricing.
This sales prospecting tool gives access to new and rising startups. With the help of many filters you can find qualified leads effortlessly.
- Curated list of decision makers
- Build sales pipeline
- Minimizes outreach efforts through automation.
- Navigation is easy.
- Excellent customer service.
- User interface not impressive
- The basic version is free (only up to 8 emails/month). The standard plan is at $12.50, and lifetime deal is at $59 per month.
34. Swordfish AI
This platform uses AI to identify email addresses and contact details of prospects.
- Find direct contact information
- Deep search engine
- Most updated emails
- Real-time validation and file enrichment
- Tracks the progress of prospects
- Pricing options are limited.
- Inaccurate information at times.
- Starter plan at $99 and Professional plan at $249 per month.
Formerly known as Prospect.io, this tool lets you find all the contact information of prospects by just entering the domain.
- Tracks performance
- Multi-channel campaigns
- Crawls even PDFs and spreadsheets on the domain
- Automated workflow for repetitive tasks
- Works only with small sites
- Slow search
- A 14-day free trial, and after that $99 per month.
MailTester is an email validation tool where you can check the validity of emails before sending them.
- Bulk email verification
- Notifies you about spammy emails
- More ROI
- Easy-to-integrate APIs to block incorrect emails
- Customer care is inefficient.
- Pricing depends on the number of emails to be validated. Contact the team for further details.
37. Datanyze Insider
It is an all-in-one prospecting tool that helps locate information about any business instantly.
- Export Google profiles
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Use of AI saves time
- Responsive user interface
- Effective outreach
- Outdated information
- Mainly for large-sized enterprises
- Basic Chrome extension is free and paid plan starts at $600 per month.
It is a sales prospecting platform that provides prospect information from company databases. It helps regulate marketing workflows automatically.
- Find new leads
- Create prospect list
- Accurate and up-to-date information
- Array of metrics for easy sorting
- Gathers real-time data
- Poor data segmentation
- It gives a limited period free trial offer. Paid plans are at: Team $6832 and Business $12423 per month.
Formerly known as Charlie App, Detective helps locate prospects in less time compared to other platforms. The tool connects with your Google Calendar and connects with contacts who have scheduled meetings.
- Tailored outreach plan
- Streamline research
- Integrates with Salesforce to find more contact information
- Not much company information
- 7-day free trial and thereafter $50 per month.
40. Crystal Knows
This platform uses algorithms to analyze public data and gather profile information. It provides details on the decision-making habits of your prospects.
- Adapt your emails
- Actionable insight on prospects
- Gmail plugin communicates data directly on Gmail
- Easy for behavioral pattern analysis
- Limited free trial
- Customers can contact the team for prices.
It is a screen-sharing and web-conferencing tool. It does not require any browser extensions or downloads.
- Eliminates manual tasks
- Improves customer engagement
- Preloaded tools like meeting schedulers, presentation flows, and CRM integrations
- 100% web-based virtual display
- Longer set-up time
- Slower to load at times
- Plans are available as Basic $30 and Business $79 per month per user.
Calendly is an appointment scheduler that makes the task of the sales team easy when connecting with prospects.
- Optimize outbound sales
- Automated reminders
- Syncs with Google Calendar
- Easy-to-send Calendly link for meetings
- Multi-user scheduling is less spontaneous
- Not mobile-friendly
- Basic version is free. Paid plans are: Essentials at $8, Professional at $12, and Teams at $16 per seat per month.
With the help of Rebump, it is easy to create follow-up emails. Monitoring the progress of follow-up emails is also possible.
- Monitors email thread
- Customized emails
- App monitors outgoing calls, emails, and ongoing threads
- Can set preferences for the number of emails to be sent
- Simple to set up and use
- Limited flexibility with follow-up
- The paid plans are: Unlimited $5, Unlimited Plus $12, and Unlimited Premium $19 per month (billed annually).
This tool helps maximize sales strategy and cold-calling through effective integration with Salesforce.
- Local area caller ID
- Power dialer facility
- Track and log calls automatically.
- Conversion ratios are conveyed in percentages.
- Voicemail automation.
- No mobile application
- Paid plans are: $109 for Salesforce, $69 for Pipedrive, $69 for Zoho, and $89 for HubSpot
With a database of sales messaging templates, Vengreso assists the sales team in connecting with prospects.
- Categorize and organize messages
- Personal writing assistant
- Enhances productivity
- Increases engagement
- Time saving
- Limitations with the Basic plan
- Two months’ free with a subscription to the yearly plan. The Starter plan is $3.97, and the Growth plan is $9.97 per month.
This tool makes it easy to locate leads directly from LinkedIn. It provides details like name, email address, contact number, company, profession and more.
- All-in-one Chrome extension
- Automate prospecting
- Directly transfer to CRMs like Salesforce
- More than 650 million prospects
- Detailed filters for verification
- At times, inaccurate data is obtained.
- Takes time to generate output.
- Plans start at $49 per month.
It is a LinkedIn lead generator platform. Details about the leads can be easily downloaded into the tool and emails sent to them.
- Estimates prospect quality
- Uses API
- Extracts emails with just one click
- Customizable workflows
- Personalized messages
- Archive function is difficult.
- Plans start at $49 per month.
This tool is greatly useful to the sales team as it offers email verification and lead enrichment.
- Find companies matching your buyer persona.
- Find technologies used by buyers.
- Easy integration with many CRMs
- Contact verification easy
- Not all companies are included.
- Free trial for 7 days. Paid plans are: Basic $99, Plus $199, and Professional $399 per month.
G2 is an excellent lead generation platform. It assists companies in knowing customer preferences.
- Qualifies leads by verification
- Customer profile creation interviews
- Interactive dashboard offering information about customer preferences, products, and competitors
- Tracks key customer metrics
- Access to customer feedback
- Need to improve in segmenting data
- Difficult to keep track of rankings
- Free plan generates up to 4 leads per month. To learn about the paid plans, connect with the team at G2.
Capterra is a leading software review and selection platform. It helps salespeople filter through a wide range of ratings and reviews.
- 100% real reviews from buyers.
- 800+ software categories are listed.
- Millions of listings of different products and businesses.
- Comprehensive reviews are available.
- User interface has issues.
- Capterra is free for users.
Now your sales team has a vast list of prospecting tools. These add convenience to your sales process and improve productivity.
Automated tools also enable better lead identification. Make sure you pick the most suitable tool for your business and accelerate your sales process.