Table of Contents
Being a contractor is a demanding and often challenging job. Whether you're managing construction projects or providing specialized services, success in this field requires a great deal of hard work, dedication, and motivation.
As a contractor, you need to stay focused and inspired to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals.
We've compiled a list of 50+ motivational quotes specifically for contractors, designed to inspire and energize you to build success. From famous contractors throughout history to contemporary industry thought leaders, these quotes offer valuable insights into what it takes to succeed as a contractor.
So, whether you're looking for inspiration to push through a tough project or guidance on how to build your business, these quotes are sure to provide the motivation you need to succeed.
Let's dive in and get inspired to build success!
50+ Motivational quotes for contractors to build success
1. It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time. — David Allan Coe
2. I think the days before cell phones, when it was dirt clod wars at construction sites, was a lot more wholesome and productive, to be perfectly honest. — Mike Leach
3. The road to success is always under construction... there are lots of pot holes but no traffic jams. — Dan Pena
4. The construction of Europe is an art. It is the art of the possible. — Jacques Chirac
5. Doing a mall is not only construction of the physical place: what is important is the merchandising mix. We strive to serve the convenience of the public. We want shopping at our malls to be a unique and an enjoyable experience. — Henry Sy
6. When we are sick, we want an uncommon doctor; when we have a construction job to do, we want an uncommon engineer, and when we are at war, we want an uncommon general. It is only when we get into politics that we are satisfied with the common man. — Herbert Hoover
7. Every human being is under construction from conception to death. — Billy Graham
8. When I say artist I mean the man who is building things - creating molding the earth - whether it be the plains of the west - or the iron ore of Penn. It's all a big game of construction - some with a brush - some with a shovel - some choose a pen. — Jackson Pollock
9. Construction is an important front for solidifying the foundations of a thriving country and creating bases for the people's happy life. — Kim Jong-un
10. Every single life is about construction and destruction. — Gaspar Noe
11. In the legislative branch, you make the laws... and our role as judges is to interpret the law, not to inject our own policy preferences. So our task is to give an honest construction to what laws are passed by the Legislature. — Thomas Hardiman
12. I like something where I can really use my imagination and be an active participant in the construction of the monster and usually that's in the world of the supernatural or the world of the fantastic, so that's why those kinds of stories about demons and the supernatural appeal to me or maybe I'm really interested in that subject. — Sam Raimi
13. Education technology and school construction go together. Modernization, updating education facilities, and making a capital investment in education are all included. — Major Owens
14. When I was working in my first job engineering construction, what I liked the most was working with architects and making buildings that had this creative side coming from the architect and that were making them a big success. — Bernard Arnault
15. All those involved in the construction of an architectural design, from the architect to the builder, have an attachment to the architecture, although it's difficult to quantify the attachment. — Tadao Ando
16. I think the idea of the social construction of beauty - this idea that beauty is simply whatever culture or society says it is - is on the run. Of course, beauty does arise in a cultural context. No one ever denies that. But there's also a natural response people have to it. — Denis Dutton
17. I'll bet there are a lot of artists that nobody hears about who just make more money than anybody. The people that do all the sculptures and paintings for big building construction. We never hear about them, but they make more money than anybody. — Andy Warhol
18. When a man's suit fits, when the construction is beautiful, when the sewing and fabrics are there... in the end, you'll look the best in it. — John Varvatos
19. I did a seminar once in Pennsylvania when there was big snow, road construction, a big flood and just one person showed up. I said, 'No problem, I'll do it.' If there's one or 100 on the mat, the juice is still there. — Royce Gracie
20. I love anything by Joan Didion. Incidentally, she was one of the local moms when I was growing up in Point Dume. She always reminded me a little bit of my mother, so I feel a great affinity. I love the precision of Didion's writing. There's a construction and a craftsmanship to her sentences that's imbued with so much emotion. — Rob Lowe
21. There are very few people who are going to look into the mirror and say, 'That person I see is a savage monster;' instead, they make up some construction that justifies what they do. — Noam Chomsky
22. The road to success is always under construction. — Lily Tomlin
23. A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful. — Steve Harvey
24. The job market of the future will consist of those jobs that robots cannot perform. Our blue-collar work is pattern recognition, making sense of what you see. Gardeners will still have jobs because every garden is different. The same goes for construction workers. The losers are white-collar workers, low-level accountants, brokers, and agents. — Michio Kaku
25. Our object in the construction of the state is the greatest happiness of the whole, and not that of any one class. — Plato
26. It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. — Russell Brand
27. What I try to do is the art of building, and the art of building is the art of construction; it is not only about forms and shapes and images. — Peter Zumthor
28. If a building looks better under construction than it does when finished, then it's a failure. — Douglas Coupland
29. I am opposed to the laying down of rules or conditions to be observed in the construction of bridges lest the progress of improvement tomorrow might be embarrassed or shackled by recording or registering as law the prejudices or errors of today. — Isambard K. Brunel
30. We all know that the 'reality' of reality TV is an artful construction, an effect not only of editing but of a Lorenzian rat-in-a-mirrored-labyrinth artificial environment which attenuates psychology into a series of territorial twitches. — Mark Fisher
31. The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity. — Glenn Gould
32. I strongly support the construction of the Keystone Pipeline and favor expanding offshore drilling to make our nation less dependent on foreign oil. — Thom Tillis
33. The shortest distance between two points is under construction. — Leo Aikman
34. The tourism industry has considerable potential to be a sustainability role model in its role as a buyer of goods and other services, from building materials and green construction standards to farm produce. — Arancha Gonzalez
35. This means that no single logic is strong enough to support the total construction of human knowledge. — Jean Piaget
36. Men's fashion has a certain heaviness in the fabrics and construction. But also there is a heaviness in the mentality. — Hedi Slimane
37. 'Death Car' was shot on a freeway that's under construction. It's called 'Chips' Freeway' because it's where they shoot the NBC series. We bring out our own traffic, too. This is true in all such scenes, even the car chase in 'The French Connection.' You have to work in a controlled situation, otherwise there would be numerous lawsuits. — Hal Needham
38. Drones photograph, prospect and advertise real estate from golf courses to skyscrapers; they also monitor construction in progress. — Peter Diamandis
39. Why should man's first flight to the moon be a matter of national competition? Why should the United States and the Soviet Union, in preparing for such expeditions, become involved in immense duplications of research, construction and expenditure? — John F. Kennedy
40. Cambodia possesses now the rights to look far into the future and everything for making a future construction is waiting for the Cambodian own efforts. — Hun Sen
41. I am an enthusiast, but not a crank in the sense that I have some pet theories as to the proper construction of a flying machine. I wish to avail myself of all that is already known and then, if possible, add my mite to help on the future worker who will attain final success. — Wilbur Wright
42. Clearly, programming courses should teach methods of design and construction, and the selected examples should be such that a gradual development can be nicely demonstrated. — Niklaus Wirth
43. There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face. — William Shakespeare
44. The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists. — Charles Dickens
45. Each of us is carving a stone, erecting a column, or cutting a piece of stained glass in the construction of something much bigger than ourselves. — Adrienne Clarkson
46. The most powerful force ever known on this planet is human cooperation - a force for construction and destruction. — Jonathan Haidt
47. When the leaders choose to make themselves bidders at an auction of popularity, their talents, in the construction of the state, will be of no service. They will become flatterers instead of legislators; the instruments, not the guides, of the people. — Edmund Burke
48. Of our seven children, five are at ABC Supply. The three older daughters went to college. The boys went into construction, and I wasn't disappointed they didn't go to college. — Diane Hendricks
49. Mathematics as an expression of the human mind reflects the active will, the contemplative reason, and the desire for aesthetic perfection. Its basic elements are logic and intuition, analysis and construction, generality and individuality. — Richard Courant
50. The road to success is always under construction. — Arnold Palmer
51. I started out printing silk screen t-shirts. I sold ink pens. I worked construction. I worked at a gas station. I pumped gas. I was a mechanic for a little bit. I went into sewers, down into sewer lines. I had a lot of somewhat unpleasant gigs for a time there. — Johnny Depp
52. But history is neither watchmaking nor cabinet construction. It is an endeavor toward better understanding. — Marc Bloch
53. Where can we find greater structural clarity than in the wooden buildings of old? Where else can we find such unity of material, construction and form? here, the wisdom of whole generations is stored. — Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
54. We are glorious accidents of an unpredictable process with no drive to complexity, not the expected results of evolutionary principles that yearn to produce a creature capable of understanding the mode of its own necessary construction. — Stephen Jay Gould
55. The further a mathematical theory is developed, the more harmoniously and uniformly does its construction proceed, and unsuspected relations are disclosed between hitherto separated branches of the science. — David Hilbert
56. The construction of an airplane is simple compared with the evolutionary achievement of a bird. If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes. — Charles Lindbergh
57. Most men love money and security more, and creation and construction less, as they get older. — John Maynard Keynes
58. What makes the production of my work so expensive? The whole installation thing - the construction, the objects, the technology. It really adds up. — Barbara Kruger
59. The one thing I have always felt about musical theatre is that it is, to an extraordinary degree, about construction. — Andrew Lloyd Webber
60. True Boogie-Woogie I conceive as homogeneous in intention with mine in painting: destruction of melody, which is the equivalent of destruction of natural appearance, and construction through the continuous opposition of pure means - dynamic rhythm. — Piet Mondrian
Being a successful contractor requires a great deal of hard work, dedication, and motivation. In this blog, we've compiled a list of 50+ motivational quotes specifically for contractors, designed to inspire and energize you to build success.
These quotes offer valuable insights into what it takes to succeed as a contractor, providing guidance on overcoming obstacles, building your business, and delivering high-quality work.
So, take these words of wisdom to heart and let them inspire you to be the best contractor you can be. Remember, every project is an opportunity to build your skills, reputation, and business, so make the most of it and keep pushing forward with passion and purpose.
Let these quotes guide you on your journey to success in the contracting industry.